Monday, August 20, 2007

GenCon wind down


Well, i'm sitting here in the lobby of the Marriot waiting for the taxi to come. It has been a great show. We got a great turnout for both WoW Nationals and the Vs. Pro Circuit.

I was able to see a lot of my friends at this convention. Chuck, Evan (I couldn't stop by and say hi, but I did see you), Kyle, Mark, Trevor, Mr. Beal, Matt Kirk, Charlie, and a couple blast from the pasts in Jon Vandermeer (yes, that Jon Vandermeer and yes, that infinite loop deck at Worlds '98) and the Terwilligers (they have all growed up). I also saw both Hunter brothers towering over everyone else. I was half expecting Jeremy Lamere to come strolling in. It was good to see some people back playing. I know that they will do well.

I did coverage over the weekend, you can find my handiwork here. It was fun doing coverage again, but man am I rusty.

Can you guess which Orc Shaman I am from the Dark Portal set in that picture? I'll give you a hint, he might double as a rogue borg.

I'm happy to be going back to sunny southern california (nice stench and humidity Indy...you cesspool). I have to nurse this cold back to health or Ant is going to kill me if I miss a day of work.

No comments: