Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Girard goes to GenCon Socal 2006

Disclaimer: This post might seem pompous at times, but none of it is directed at anyone or anyone's company specifically.

We win Gracie, we win. - Harry Stamper - Armageddon.

This is my first SoCal event and it was pretty small (compared to the other conventions I've been to). I haven't conned in over a year and I got wrecked physically. So I wanted to apologize to the guys that I was supposed to go out and have fun with, I just couldn't move after each day.

UDE's tournament area was full all weekend. The Dragon was slayed just once, but there was a steady stream of competitors looking to take her down. There were 26 more people in the Beginner's Sealed Deck than the Dream Machine Challenge. The place was packed and soo much new blood in the industry. The Vs. Pro Circuit still had a healthy amount of people (same number as last year) and Yu gi oh had like 600+. World of Warcraft TCG was the talk of the convention and everyone that I talked to loved it. It was cool to see people continue to tweak their decks to try and beat Onyxia.

R&D 1 - True Dungeon 0
I was the Bard and I sang it up.

It was good to see everyone that I did; Evan, Beal, Seth and his crew, Trevor, Peiper, Schoe, Ray, Kelly, Adam, Mr. Bond, Bits. It was not good to see Charles Hickey, that guy is an ass.

In Arizona this week...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time, I'm sure the Druid Vs. Pally matchups are still being played as we speak...

Anonymous said...

I hope WOW TCG is a phenomenon and holds steady. If it does, it will nicely depress the market for Magic cards, and I can catch back up on the cheap from all those years I missed.