Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pursuit of a Quicker Movie



A couple of buddies and I went and saw Pursuit of Happyness last night. After getting over the fact that I haven't been to see a movie in awhile and price of admission here is $9.75, I settled in to watch what I felt was a feel good story.

I wasn't disappointed. Will Smith's character keeps getting knocked down left and right and he keeps pursuing his dream. There are some inconsistencies in the movie, but I guess they had to fudge some stuff in order to embellish some of the miracle. It was rather long or the pacing was off, one of those is true.

I think Will Smith and the boy who played his son both did a good job in the acting department. There were a few heart wrenching scenes.

Although, I don't know why he just didn't go and get a job at a fast food place, I mean if he was really that poor, there are ways to make money.


NOTE - if you are in the Westfield Mall at Plaza Camino Real, don't tell someone to meet you in front of Macy's. Evidently there are two of them.

1 comment:

TMac said...

The 'boy who played his son' was actually Jaden Smith, Will Smith's middle son.