Friday, March 23, 2007

Mah Top 5


So Capt. Cheese started another one. This is my list of of my top 5 favorite/fun/interesting cards from a TCG/CCG.

5. *insert title here* - World of Warcraft TCG - This card is coming out in the next expansion and I can't spoil it yet. I will update this post when it has been revealed.
4. Wormhole -Star Trek CCG- I used this card to grief many opponents in Star Trek CCG 1st Edition. They often found their crew/ship at the Montana Missile Complex.
3. Howling Mine - Magic:TheGathering- Simple, elegant card design and a strong game effect. It has been a favorite of mine for years.
2. More Than Meets the Eye - Star Trek CCG 2nd Edition - This was the first card that I ever "officially" designed in my game design career that was printed. It wasn't the best card in the set, probably not even a "good" card, but it was my first and you always remember your first.

1. Droid Merchant - Star Wars CCG - This card almost single handedly jump my "TCG" career ahead 5 years. And it was probably the most fun I've ever had playing a deck.

3 comments:

MidnightLich said...

So, just out of curiousity, what defines an officially designed card? I mean, what are the criteria/

Tom said...

That isn't the original merchant, is it? That last part wasn't originally once per game, was it?

TheGirard said...

nope it wasn't, that was ONE of the erratas.