Sunday, October 28, 2007

On the streets of ...this crappy city

I'm in Philadelphia this weekend, gunslinging and crushing players dreams with the Molten Core raid deck. I haven't been doing as well as I would have liked with the gunslinging, but I'm still undefeated with the raid deck.

This city sucks. I think it just might be the whole east coast. The weather here has been atrocious. It has rained pretty much the whole time. The buildings are all old and seem run down. The service is horrible. Heaven forbid that the waitress had to break up her conversation with the cook to just come and take our order. It just doesn't seem like anyone cares and doesn't really want to put forth the effort.

There is one saving grace - The Reading Terminal Market. This place is right across the street from the convention center and it's basically an indoor flea market for food. They have pretty much every kind of food you can think of there. The Amish breakfast was damn good, who knew that they could do eggs/bacon/toast so damn well. Had the chinese and it was tasty goodness. Even went for some overpriced cookies and they were pretty ridiculous as well. Only redeeming quality of this city IMO.

Marnie is ok back home. The fires didn't threaten our house all that much after all. Her and the girls are doing fine and I'll be back in town Monday afternoon.

1 comment:

Hayden said...

God I love the Amish breakfast at the Reading Market. I miss it so. Definitely a reason to go to Philly.