Tuesday, October 16, 2007

* UPDATE *

So I haven't posted here in awhile, almost a month now. I never meant to let it lax this long. Here are a couple updates from me.

- The Colorado Rockies -
Jeez, talk about a hot team. I wasn't able to watch most of the Dbacks/Rockies series but the small amount that I did see the Rockies just looked better. They are streaking like hell and should go on to win the World Series. I thought Arizona was a better team, but it didn't matter. I think that if it's Indians/Rockies, it will be the least watched World Series in the history of the MLB.

- Vera -
Marnie's grandmother, Vera Corr, recently passed away. Marnie and I are in mourning and Marnie is sad that she wasn't able to get a hold of her a week ago. I thought Vera was a very strong woman and was always very kind to me, even though I don't think she liked me to start. She saw how I treated Marnie and she knew that Marnie was happy with me so that made her happy as well. I am very disappointed with how her affairs are being taken care of. It would seem like her children are just rushing to put her to rest and I don't know if they really knew what her wishes were. Marnie is sad over the way it is being handled and I am sad as well. Marnie and I are planning to visit, probably next spring or summer to pay our respects.

- My health -
I have been on a couple different medications for a couple weeks now. I had a bad episode about 2-3 weeks ago where I feel that I was stuck in a rut and needed to get out. It wasn't as bad as it was in Arizona before I started to see my shrink, but it was down there. I went and got tested and learned that I was low on testosterone in my system. So the doctor prescribed Andro as well as some anti-depressants. The Andro comes in the form of a patch which I have to rotate the location of so it doesn't irritate my skin to much. I must say it is annoying, but for the first week I could definitely feel the effects. It wasn't as if my blood was boiling, but it was warmer overall and I just felt different. It is too bad that I won't be able to race in the Tour de France now, but on the brightside, I could start setting homerun records any day now.

- My Weight -
It hasn't be going down lately. I actually haven't weighed in for a couple weeks now and I'm afraid that I gained some weight. Marnie has been fixing my meals so I have been eating at regular intervals and the medication has helped the boredom/nervous eating a bit. I'm really going to have to buckle down if I want to hit my goal.

- 30th Anniversary -
Happy 30th Anniversary Mr. Lucas. I will continue to spend money on your franchise as I am still a big fan.

2 comments:

CaptMDKirk said...

Good to hear from you Mike. We'd love to see you sometime at a Trek event.

Mkae said...

Hang in there Mike.