Sunday, October 16, 2005

Good Poker Movie


Poker Movie
Originally uploaded by TheGirard.
So last Thursday, Bahr and I were spouting off lines from Rounders. I got dealt A2 and it turned into the wheel, so I pulled out the whole "..got enough kick to win me the high and the low, etc." The APL guy was looking at us like a couple of amatuers and said something like, "have you guys watched a real poker movie like Shade?"

I hadn't. As I was passing the el cheapo movies at Walmart, I noticed it was like 5.99. I picked it up and watched it. Outside of the fact that they play a lot of 5 card (draw and stud) it was a pretty good flick. It was pretty shallow, I kinda knew how it was going to turn out, but it was still a pretty good flick. Some pretty good one liners, like an older type of Rounders.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Girard why does your blog get soi much spam?

You'll have to lend me Shade. Sounds fun. Here I thought Oceans 11 was the best poker movie. Btw, do a google for 'european rounders' Funny as hell.