Tuesday, October 11, 2005

We Made It..we made it!!!

I'm going to bust into my Dora dance now...we made it! we made it!
or something

anyway, we are here now. We got in last friday morning. It was rough and it took an extra day more than I thought it was going to, but we are here and we are loving it. I love this state so much. The weather is sooo beautiful and you can see actual mountains. There is a gas station on every corner and a minimall at every freeway exit. Did I mention I'm pretty fond of Ikea as well?

So here are some notes that I jotted down on the trip here -

- We stayed in the Tranquility room in the KOA campground in Crossville Tennessee. It was weird, everything in that "hotel" room had a place and I was afraid to touch anything for fear I would break it.

- There was a downpour in Earlsboro, OK. I could barely see the road the rain was so thick.

- On our trip, we drove by Prague, London, Dublin, Paris and Lebanon.

- Heard the two worst radio commercials of all time. One for Pizza Plus (they started whispering extra cheese and then started shouting it) and Blue Bell (something about cows with high pitched voices).

- We are now 1 stamp away from every prize on the McDonalds Monopoly board.

- Drove through Carrie Underwood's home in Chekotokee, OK. A sign even told me so.

- The same is said for Troy Aikman's home of Henrietta, OK.

- They should just combine Oklahoma and Texas. I mean while we were driving through OK, it just felt like Texas. Maybe they can rename it North Texas or New Texas.

- Cracker Barrell count stood at like 150+ when we hit Texas and we stopped counting

- the Pyramid in Memphis looks cool, the bridge that followed...not so cool :(

- Firework Capital of the US = Tennessee

- Gas through most of OK was only 2.79 a gallon.

- Tastee Freeze isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's like a redneck Dairy Queen or something.

- The line for the showers at the Flying J was long. Not that we were waiting in line for shower or anything.

- It likes to rain a lot in OK.

- At the border we sang "the stars at night are big and bright"clapclapclapclap"deep in the heart of texas".

- As we crossed the Mississippi, the clouds parted and the heavens sang...thank goodness we were in the West.

- We saw the two largest crosses ever.

- I can't undo a bra with one hand going 85 miles an hour.

- Going 55 in a 25 construction zone is bad, having a pops in the highway patrol is good.

- The glow from the phoenix skyline can be seen from payson. I really love that glow.

So we are here and I'm set up and ready to get back to working. More to come.

7 comments:

CaptMDKirk said...

w00t! Welcome back to the West! So, when are you guys coming out for a San Diego event? :D

BubbaJoe said...

Welcome Home, gentle friend. Welcome home.

Brad said...

I miss the west.

I sing that whenever I cross into Texas as well :)

Unknown said...

Good to have you here, Mike!

Ray said...

WOOOT! Welcome home! see you tonight!

thisismarcus said...

I'm happy for you, man, cos I know how good a homecoming feels!

GiromiDe said...

No one's saying anything about the bra comment?!