Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Interesting Marketing Research

I've been meaning to post about this for about a month now, but the only time that I remember it is when I'm in the cafeteria and somehow I seem to completely forget it by the time I reach my desk.

So in the cafeteria where I work, they have the typical cereal in some form of packaging (this time it's a pseudo-bowl-ish packaging, it's usually in small boxes, etc). Well, they obviously have a variety of choices, that is until they are getting down to needing restocking. There are about 6 packages per row and there are about 6 rows. Obivously there are going to be cereals that not a lot of people like, well here is the observation -

Cocoa Puffs and Lucky Charms are always there in abundance. It appears that these are the two most unpopular cereals out of the kelloggs family. There are always more of these then there are of the other cereals because some of them are carry-overs from the previous stocking. Why is that? Are these viewed as more of a kids cereal? The Cheerios/Cinnamon Toast Crunch/other various kelloggs cereals always go before the Cocoa Puffs and Lucky Charms.

And somebody somewhere is paid twice what I make to make this observation.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I can tell you that after making sure I got ten Han Solo Stormtrooper action figures, I will never again in my life eat Froot Loops. Not even if I were starving. Not even off a hooker's midriff.

DEATH_BY_MONKEYS said...

Cocoa Puffs good.