Tuesday, April 25, 2006

On 4/26, I celebrate 10 years of happiness



I remember 10 years ago when people would say "it won't last", "they are way too young, they have their whole lives ahead of them", and the ever popular "it's not to late to get an annulment." I knew that I loved this woman that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.

Here it is 10 years later and I love her just as much as I did 10 years ago (in fact, if it's possible, I love her more). We have many struggles in our lives over the past 10 years, whether it was wealth, health, or just conflicting views, but we always reconciled and even though each of us said hurtful things at times, nothing was ever taken to heart.

I have always done big things for our anniversary. Usually it consisted of roses to her work or something similar. One year I sent her a white rose for every year we were married with a single red rose in the bouquet. For our 5th year, I sent her 5 sets of flowers that were delivered at 5 different intervals during the day. This year I was thinking of just picking her up from work and going to Vegas for the night. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I wanted some more memorable for the 10th anniversary.

Well, I know that I love Marnie Girard...and now everyone that I know/meet will know that I love her as well.


PS - this is my first tattoo

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Good ink, man...good ink. Well done on your marriage. May you have another ten better than the first, and twenty after that, and all the doubters can go to hell.

DEATH_BY_MONKEYS said...

Congrats. You are a blessed man mikey.

TMac said...

Congrats dude.

Brad said...

The tat is gorgeous. The color the font the art - great choices, man! Congrates on 10 years! Tell M I said hello.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Girard!!

Mike said...

Girard, you are a true Renaissance man.

Mike said...

I just realized, the angle on that photo is not too distinct... is that your ASS CHEEK?

...

If so, wow, I think I'm even MORE impressed!

TheGirard said...

it's on my right upper arm

Hayden said...

Congrats man. You bring hope to doubting singlefolk everywhere (well, at the very least me). :)

Mkae said...

Awesome man! Congrats!