Thursday, May 11, 2006

3pm

Some people like to recognize 4:20, I, myself, like to recognize 3pm.

For about two years, 3pm drink runs were a norm. No matter what you were doing, you could stop, realize that there is something other than trying to force a square peg into a round hole (or perhaps 9 lines of text onto a card...although, why it was 9 lines in the first place remains to be seen).

Today was ... troublesome. I was feeling pretty down about a couple friends of mine and I looked up and it was 3pm. Well guess what, I busted out the car keys, told everyone I'd be back in 15 minutes. Drove down to the CircleK and got a drink. It was a Sobe Power (the cap said Chop Chop). I spent those 15 minutes thinking about all the friends I have made in the past couple years thanks to someone taking a chance on me.

Que the Ipod.

2 comments:

Brad said...

aaawww, you guys are great

Jason said...

Good to see the tradition is still recognized. Keep faith alive, brother.