Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Again with the pop culture

So...

My account exec at work is going to Vegas this weekend. He's a typical normal 30-something guy who likes sports, etc. He was talking to a team member of mine (single mom, 40-ish, etc) and she says to him "here, here's a dollar, play roulette for me." He asks what spot does he want to bet on for her. They go back and forth about what a "safe" bet is. She comes over to me and asks me. I quickly respond with "Obviously Red 5".

She is like..."why obviously". I look at my AE and I'm like "c'mon help me out here". He has no clue. I'm starting to feel really geeked out here. Luckily the config guy sitting near my desk (around my age) pipes up with "yea Girard, I know why you bet on Red 5"

I explain to them why and then I proceed to start questioning people I know that "should" know this but they don't. My faith in the geeks of the world fades just a little bit today.


And...if you don't know why you should bet on Red 5. I don't even know you...*sniff*

7 comments:

Mike said...

Because Red 5 can make shots that are one in a million.

TMac said...

Without a targeting computer!

DEATH_BY_MONKEYS said...

Red 5 rules all.

Aussie-Askew said...

Bah! Red 5 needed help from his adopted ghost-like adoption-agency rep.
I say - all hail Wedge!

Mkae said...

You should have taken a stronger stand and yelled at her to "stay on target". C'mon, what's wrong with you??

Mike said...

Forget Wedge, Luke even told him to pull out because he wasn't doing any good back there!

Jason said...

Even better, just before the ball settles, have someone sneak up behind the croupier, smack him in the head, and put the ball in red 5, while saying, "You're all clear, kid!"