Monday, July 17, 2006

Fatty Fatty 2 by 4...

^400 - ~2 miles on the bike, 40 minutes basketball, 10 minutes sauna


Last week I decided it was time. I went and got an LA Fitness membership. It is about a mile from my work in between the home and the job. It has a basketball court (which I am very happy about), raquetball courts, normal gym stuff, lap pool, sauna, hot tub. I got the buddy pass for the registration fee and there is no contract. Marnie thought that I might be crazy and didn't think that I would go.

I went this morning for the firts time. The guy who signed me up said they had a digital scale that would go over 350 but alas, he was mistaken. I know that I'm over 400, but I'm not sure how far over. I can't really count calories like Tom, so I'll put what I did for the exercise up top. Today I started slow. The bike killed me.

Does anyone know if it's ok to take an ipod in the sauna?

4 comments:

Brad said...

yea! You go!

Jono said...

If the Ipod is still working afterwards sure it's okay, lol.

Seriously. I doubt you could get electrocuted if you dropped it in the water, but you might damage it beyond compare. I would actually think about e-mailing Apple's customer service department because I hear it's pretty good and see what they say - of course, I would say that I'm not doing this to invalidate any warranty - just doing it because I want to listen to tunes while in the sauna.

Good luck on the weight loss!

Stephanie said...

As far as I know, ok, well, I don't know if you can or can't, but what I do know is don't wear your iPod while mowing the grass and it is lightning outside becuase you can get electricuted.

True story. Scouts honor (ok, I wasn't a scout either, but you can trust me).

Jono said...

I think the lawn mower would attrack the lightning more than the Ipod would... the only thing is with the earplugs in your ear connected to your Ipod you could get a nasty burn in your ear and maybe have your eardrums blow out.