Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I got the job!

In two weeks time, I will be moving from Research and Development as an Associate Game Designer to Marketing/OP as the Marketing Events Manager. This is a promotion with a pay raise. I will be directly responsible for managing a team of 4 (including myself).

I know what you are thinking. "Why would you give up designing cards/games in order to be a marketing lackey?" It's not that bad, don't get me wrong, this wasn't an easy decision. I will still be able to be creative and this position has more measurable progress/performance based responsibilities. Plus, I will be able to help out with design in my free time, etc.

I apologize for the lack of updates recently, it's been a hectic couple of weeks. I have a bunch of pictures to post, but I need to get them off my Mac laptop.

I wanted to say that I would like to personally thank Ray Powers. Working for him provided much of my organizing experience and he is a great mentor.

I am very excited about this opportunity and I hope to see you all in Seattle at the end of June.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Does this mean you'll be working with/for Bojo? Congrats on the promotion! :D

Brad said...

Congrats!