Monday, November 07, 2005

Starship Troopers

So I'm watching this Saturday night, around 11pm or so on UPN. I love this movie and it definitely shows up on my top 100 movies list. How could you not love this movie with lines like "you apes wanna live forever??!!!??" or "...roughnecks...RICO's ROUGHNECKS."

So as I'm watching this commercial ridden, cut out all the good parts type movie, the commercials come one. Every other commercial is one for Interactive Male, the local male talk line. Like every commercial break this shows up about twice. I mean, I know Casper Van Dieme is hot and all, but c'mon man, there is more than one scene of boobs in this movie!!

4 comments:

Hayden said...

But none of the boobs are as hot as Casper. He's en fuego. And as for how you could not like Starship Troopers, well, I go with James Sanford's review: "The acting by all concerned makes the cast of 'Melrose Place' look like the Royal Shakespeare Company, as statuesque model-types bark out lines like 'Everyone fights, no one quits!' and 'Kill 'em! Kill 'em all!' with clueless conviction."

TheGirard said...

I totally forgot about "Everyone fights, no one quits!"!!!!!

They cut all the "good" scenes anyway. No gore and no boobs.

C said...

I never understood why they didn't just blow up the godforsaken asteroid world and kill all the creatures. They want to kill all the creatures, and it's not like they need that asteroid thing for colonisation or anything, so why not just blow it in place? I guess because then there wouldn't be a movie. . .

Mike said...

Of course the core problem with Starship Troopers:

Not. One. Tank.

I would say one tank would have proven pretty useful on that battlefield on Planet P or whatever it was. An entire battalion of tanks? It would have been a rout. What the hell are the bugs going to do? Scratch at the outer armor? Blam!

But yeah, ST was fun in an absurd sort of way. "I need a sergeant. You're it until you're dead or I find someone better!" :)