Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What would you do?

No...not for a klondike bar. The following is a list of monetary amounts and explanations of what I would do with said monetary amounts.

$1000 - Buy a new computer. Right now, WoW is running rather sluggishly on the laptop that I am using for it. I can't use the home machine, because well, that is where my wife likes to play. I have to give justifications as to why I'm on that machine if I ever sit down in the chair there.

$10,000 - Not sure on this. I would love to put a down payment on a house and this might be enough for us. With my wife possibly changing jobs and me with 2 jobs (1 questionable) I don't know if now is the right time to be doing it, but damn if I hate having to deal with taking the dogs out on a leash and not having a backyard, etc.

$100,000 - I would look at opening my own business. I have always had an entrepreneur's heart, but I have never been able to reliably act on it. I'm lucky that I was able to marry early in life and bring stability to it, but that itch has always been there. I have worked for other entrepreneurs and have seen what they have done (both good and bad) and I would love to take a crack at it. Maybe not even be the sole guy, maybe a partnership. I've just always had to worry about drawing a salary rather than taking a huge chance like this.

$1,000,000 - Whatever the wife tells me too.


Yea I know I kinda copped out on that last answer, but that's how I truly feel.

5 comments:

Mike said...

If you come across that hundred grand somehow, or even substantially less than that, let me know if you'd ever be interested in running an ebay store that sells Star Wars cards. :) I have to assume once I graduate that I won't care about running it anymore.

Oh yeah BTW I am supposed to bring you and Jay to the next tournament, so tell Jay to get his old decks out of the closet. hehe

Catch ya later bro

TheGirard said...

I don't have any decks. Is there a "decktech" like site that has whats popular now? Not that I want to play that, but I would like to be prepared, etc.

Mike said...

They still use decktech pretty much, and sometimes pieces of decks get discussed on the swccgpc forum.

Right now LS is a bit stronger, the best decks are TRM, LSC, and Endor mains. DS can do SAC on Coruscant, Bombers, Endor, or Scum (even with the Scum errata slowing that deck down a bit).

TheGirard said...

no speeders?

what about WYS?

Mike said...

WYS(v) still works but some dark decks are auto-win against it and the rest are auto-lose. There's a v-shield that slows Speeders down but it's technically viable still. WYS non-v is too fragile in the current meta, but everyone likes it and a few are working on it, so it might come back if they solve what it needs.