Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Father

One of my greatest regrets in life is not spending more time with my dad.

He is doing better. He still has spells where it takes an effort to breath, but overall he is definitely doing better. He looks happier, so that's a big plus.

He and I are going to take a trip at the end of July. We are going to go to Dallas to visit my mother and catch a Rangers/Yankees game on the way to Illinois to drop of my older sister's pinball machine. He and I joke about how we are going to be tired of each other by the time it's done. I don't think that could possibly happen.

I really like the war stories as well. Listening to him tell stories about his minifridge or the poor sap who took a stick to the can in the middle of the night that looked like a rifle despite there being a curfew.

I'm glad I'm back in Arizona, and right now, there is little that will get me to move away from my father.

No comments: