Tuesday, December 04, 2007

MRIs suck

So I went and got an MRI yesterday. My shoulders were too wide for the regular donut, so they moved me to the open scanner. The problem was the open one took 45 minutes. The doctor strapped me in and we chatted about Williams AFB (he was there in the late 70s). He finished by putting a plastic grid over my face, kinda like a football helmet, only closer to my face. About 30 minutes in, he needed to inject me with something and couldn't find a vein. I could tell he used to be military medicine because he liked to dig around in the arm, rather than start somewhere fresh. After failing a couple times in my right arm, he moved to my left hand. Another 15 minutes and I was done. Those suck.

Hopefully I'll get my results in a week or two. They are checking to see if my low testosterone is something wrong with my pituitary gland, rather than the reproductive organs.

2 comments:

Jawa Juice said...

Just passing by and saw your blog. Just wondering...
I knew a Mike Girard in the early 90's in Long Beach. You ever work at Belmont Heights Market?
If not...just ignore this comment...

Mike said...

Wow, G, sounds like you're in rough shape there. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some kind of panhypopit or similar disorder. I run into that all the time in the case studies at work for the program, and a lot of kids have it and only find out because other things go wrong.