Monday, January 28, 2008

Just like Gallagher



Went and saw this saturday night and lemme tell you, it was everything I expected it to be and more. This movie has feeling and it envokes you to care about stuff. Rambo III didn't really make me care about something, this one does.

Now that the mushy stuff is done, holy crap. He fishes with a freaking compound bow. He gives you the thousand yard stare if you try to agitate him. From the opening sequence of a mine blowing body parts everywhere (would have been awesome in 3-D) to the ending shots of them picking through the body parts, there is a lot of action and a lot of carnage. Not for the feint of heart or the usual movie critic. It's a blood and guts action movie, straight from the 80s. You love the good guys and you hate the bad guys. There is no redeeming quality at all about them, you just straight out hate the bad guys and you cheer when they die. It's awesome.

Things I wish would have happened -
I wish they would have played up his crafting the knife a bit more (hopefully in the extended edition).
I had hoped they would have shown more of the "give him to the pigs" action.
I had hoped that they would have blew up the stage area in the baddies camp.

Overall, I thought it was awesome and got me reinvigored to see the rest of the Rambos again. This might make my top 100, I'll have to re-evaluate it. If you are easily sickened by body parts/blood, etc don't go see the movie. It was a shame that it lost to a spoof the opening weekend.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad to hear it was good. Just the "splosion" content from the trailer had me jonesing to see it.