Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Killing my neighbors...softly

So back when my sister, Heather and her family, visited in Arizona, they brought a playstation game with them. It was called Singstar (don't remember which version it was). I had a blast playing it, despite the fact that I'm a horrible singer.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. Marnie and I are in a Gamestop checking out the new stuff (we haven't bought a new game since WoW) and I noticed a Singstar game on the shelf. I convinced her that it was awesome, so we got it and a used microphone. The Gamestop staff wasn't very friendly and they weren't very convincing that the microphone would work. But alas, I have a compulsive personality so I had to have it. We took it home and it didn't work, so we returned the game and the microphone the next day. A couple days later we went to Toys R Us and was looking around there for what was new and hip. We checked out the video game section and lo and behold, there was a packaged Singstar game with two microphones. We couldn't buy it fast enough.

We took it home and played for multiple hours. There was one major issue though, it was Singstar 80s. Marnie crushed me. And it only got worse on Madonna songs. Luckily a day or two later we found the Singstar Pop version. Well, new game, same results. There are only two songs that she can't seem to beat me at and those are Tricky and I Write Sins, Not Tragedies. Everything else, I get slaughtered. Our House? Nope. How about Take on Me? Not a chance. We are still having fun with it. This just makes my hatred for REM grow.

3 comments:

Mike said...

If it's the urge to sing you can't escape, why not try... Rock Band? What with the setlist being about a million times better and all. Singstar is fun, just like Karaoke Revolution was fun, but there's way too much bubblegum even for me. :)

TheGirard said...

meh...rockband is too...rock for me.

photog said...

Way to go!! We want the 80's and Amped I(I think it's called) I kick butt every time we play.
We just got rock band and now the 3 of us paly. Rock on with your bad self!!
Heather