Friday, January 04, 2008

My Daily Comic Rotation

Being a creature of habit, I like to come into work early so that I can get my daily webcomic viewing out of the way and actually start my day. I do this so it doesn't distract me throughout the day. Yea, I'm working on my OCD tendencies a bit. Anyway, here is my rotation -

Questionable Content - This is about a bunch of 20somethings and their daily lives. It has some musical references that I don't get. They were touching on some emotional issues for awhile that I took an interest in. It is a pretty funny comic.

Penny Arcade - This is a pretty common webcomic among my age group. They have plenty of game references and are funny. They poke fun at the computer gaming industry a lot, especially when corporations make questionable decisions.

Least I Could Do - This comic can get lewd sometimes, but the main character is funny and sometimes I wish I could be as brash and uninhibited as he is. There is a lot of pop culture references, especially to 80s toys/cartoons. Sometimes reading this makes me feel like I was hanging out with the boys back in AZ.

PVP - This is about employees of a gaming magazine and their exploits. This is another one that is chocked full of pop culture references and jokes. It tends to go on long story arcs which can get boring sometimes.

Looking For Group - A Dungeons and Dragons/Roleplaying comic. This is the newest in my rotation. It has some good comedic relief coming from the warlock. It really makes me miss DnD'ing with the boys from AZ.

Dilbert - This is probably my only mainstream comic. I have worked in an office setting before (game company withstanding) and this continues to be fairly accurate as to how things go down.

Non Sequitur - This is a funny comic from the point of view of a young girl. She has adult thoughts about politics and mannerisms of adults often talking to her stuffed horse that she thinks comes alive. It's a nice dose of high-brow humor.

Sinfest - This is probably my 'guilty pleasure'. It has a lot of lewd humor and pokes fun at organized religion.

XKCD - I don't know how to explain this comic. It's tagline is "A webcomic about romance, sarcasm, math, and language." I don't think I could explain it further. I know a lot of people won't get the jokes/humor coming from this comic.

That's it. I've dabbled in other ones, but this is my daily rotation. They are all pretty funny to me and I enjoy them. Do you have one that you would like to suggest to me?

4 comments:

Roycer said...

Thanks for the listing, I had forgotton about some of these. Good stuff!

MidnightLich said...

The Order of the Stick is a hilarious, involved comic that lampoons the conventions of tabletop gaming (especially D&D) while telling a great story. I love the comic.

-crp

DaPenguin said...

Its far from a daily comic(though it has a decent sized archive), or even weekly, but The Perry Bible Fellowship is quite amazing. Don't worry, the title has nothing to do with the comic. No storylines, just single comics, some with a simple art style, some that are truly works of art.

http://pbfcomics.com/

Brad said...

I <3 XKCD