Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I miss my sister



This is my sister Heather, her husband Christopher, and my niece Chloe (not sure if there is an accent mark or not). This was us at the first Star Wars Celebration (held in Denver, can't remember the year). I think this was the first time that my sister was exposed to what would eventually end up being my career. I was demoing Young Jedi at the convention. She was bright eyed and had a big smile on her face. She is probably the second most important person when it comes to my career (the first being Marnie, because well, she has put up with everything). My sister was the first to teach me how to play Magic:the Gathering all those years ago. I remember losing to her the first few times, but being ultra competitive I had to get better at the game (because, well you know, I couldn't let my sister beat me at anything). I did get better, but I always enjoyed playing her. She enjoys the game on a very innocent level. She's not competitive (I mean, I'm sure she likes to win, but it's not the be all end all for her), she loves to play the game honest, and most of all, she like to play for fun. If only every player in the industry was more like my sister.

I also have to say that out of all my family members, I think she is the one that has stuck by me the most. I know that I wasn't the best brother growing up, but everytime I talk to her she always tells me that she is proud of me. That always brings a smile to my face. She is the one that most supported me (out of my family) when it came to my career choice and she always seems excited to hear about my job. I love my sister and I really need to go visit her.

1 comment:

TMac said...

Episode One came out in 1999. I only remember because I remember standing in line with a rather pregnant wife.