Friday, March 21, 2008

Yea postapocolyptic movie!



I had today off, so I figured I would go and catch a movie (peferrably one that Marnie won't see). I found that I hadn't seen Doomsday yet and I love the postapocalyptic movie genre. I like to see how each person would intrepret the death/destruction and what sort of virus was responsible for destroying mankind.

This time it was the Reaper virus and it originated in Scotland (poor Sean Connery). I enjoyed this movie for what it was. It was a great Sci-fi flick with a hot chick lead, plenty of madmax-ish villains, awesome vehicle chases/explosion, guns, TnA, and awesome awesome camera angles.

I'm a big fan of the new bullet camera technology that has come about since the Matrix. There were plenty of scenes where the camera wrapped around a vehicle and gave great angles at what appeared to be a high speed. I think all the actors/actresses gave it their all and I loved Soran. That man always plays a great bad guy.

I think that this movie may make my top 100 because I think it had everything that I could ask for in a postapocalyptic movie. If you want some mindless fun, I suggest checking it out. The trailer for The Strangers was pretty freaking freaky, I don't think I'd be able to watch that movie, way to much suspence.

No comments: