Monday, March 03, 2008

N er gee

So they are trying to balance out my new meds (from the incident back in November). I'm back on anti-ADD medication, a mood stabilzer, and an anti-depressant. The mood stabilizer is new and my shrink said that he has had great success with it and eventually I won't need the anti-depressant (which is awesome because it has a side effect that most men won't consider a bad side effect, but I do).

Anyway...

So I am finding myself with a ton more energy. They are gradually increasing my dosage of the mood stabilizer (a side effect is a really really bad rash if you start at a high dosage). I'm up to about 200mg a day of it and for the past week and a half my energy level has been pretty high. I am either hitting the batting cages or playing basketball every day it seems like. I'm in a work league for basketball. I am playing sundays at the local rec center. They run full-short courts (side to side rather than up and down the main court). I'm still having trouble getting up and down the court for the whole 12 minutes, but I am breathing less hard and am not completely exhausted afterwards. Another problem has cropped up though. My body hasn't caught up to the new energy level. A week ago I hyper-extended my right elbow and yesterday I had massive shin-splints and could only go 2 games (rather than the usual 4 games). I did go help some coworkers move into their new house later in the day and wasn't short of energy then.

I think the big thing for me is I'm not making excuses for doing stuff. Before I would say stuff like "that's too much effort" or "it's so far away". Not so much anymore. It's time to get the bike out and get the tires re-inflated. I'm pretty excited. As a side note, I'm eating less now too.

1 comment:

DaPenguin said...

Thats awesome man. Hope it continues!