Monday, July 21, 2008

2 at a time

I have always disliked Blockbuster. They would charge outrageous amounts to rents movies. They would send you to collections for late fees. It was just a hassle all around. They started competing with Netflix and their value add was that you could return it to the store and get another movie AND get the next movie on your list too. Well, you could only do that like once a month. So let me tell you I was skeptical when they tried to sell Marnie and I on the latest deal.

$30 for 30 days of 2 at a time rentals. We pay $30 and we get two movies at a time from the store. As soon as you are done with them, bring them back, don't drop them off, go pick out two more and then hand the clerk all four. No money, no ID, nothing needed. In theory, we were told we didn't have to even wait in line, because if there was a line, we could go to the person checking in the movies. The clerk upsold us when we went to rent Saw IV. Yep, he got us. So the gauntlet has been thrown, how many movies can we watch between July 19th and August 19th.

First 4 movies were PS I love you, Mama's Boy, Saw IV, and Right at the Door. Can you guess which 2 I picked out? I love me a disaster movie too. It was a good cheap, apoloclyptic movie with a cool twist.

No comments: