Monday, July 28, 2008

Big Love

Marnie and I tore through the first season of Big Love. It was an interesting look at polygamy. I'm not sure if I'm for or against it. I'm pretty tolerant of people's lifestyles as long as they don't affect me. There is a ton of Bill Paxton nakedness in this show. We are going to start on the second season, the end of the first season's cliffhanger was pretty good. I also so two discs for Jericho second season. I hope it doesn't slump, I read some of the brief episode recaps on the back. I have a feeling it might "heroes" on me in the second season.

I got Hostel. I have already seen it and Marnie was watching it with me. We got up to the achilles part and she couldn't take it. She said that it was just gore without a solid plot. She says that's probably why she was able to tolerate Saw a bit more. She could see the justification in Saw, but Hostel was just brutal violence.

We got Transamerica. It had Felicity Huffman as a male going through the transition to become a female. It was an interesting movie. I think she won some awards for it. We have Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back for tonite.

We are tearing through these movies/shows, but I am disappointed in Blockbuster. They don't have Grandma's Boy, Dude Where's my Car, and I haven't been able to get 28 Days for about 5 days now.

No comments: