Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Aspiring Dreams end in Mush


Bike Route
Originally uploaded by TheGirard.
So I stopped at Conti's on the way home from work (because it's on the way home) and got a bike pump. $40 later I'm pumped up and ready to go. I strap on the helmet and put on the shorts with the extra padding in the crotch and I'm off.

I had aspiring dreams. I was going to show up on T&Ks doorstep and say hi. They live 7.33 miles away from me. That would have been 14.66 miles round trip.

So why the map?

I get just past the Ocean's Cabaret and I stop at the turn around cause I feel sick. So I puked. I left everyone a map just to make sure they avoid the puke if they are driving by.

Total distance = just over 5 miles. Not bad for having not gotten on a bike in 5 months. Not sure if riding in the evening is the brightest idea in the world, not to mention how ridiculous a 400 pound white guy riding a bike by the air base looks.

7 comments:

Tom said...

If you were doing that today, I can understand where you ran into the issue.

It is fucking hot out there today!

We rode this morninging when it was just (just) 85 heat index or so, and even the skinny guys were talking about how they felt sapped at the end of the ride. If you were riding tonight, the heat index was up over 100, and not the dry heat you are used to :)

So, stick with it when it is a little cooler, and bring lots of water. You should be drinking a full bottle of water every 45 minutes.

The Information Officer said...

No doubt your brain was fried by the heat, and your heart inspired by the tour.

Hopefully next time it wohn't be so FUcking hot so your ass won't get dehydrated and Puke.

TOM"S right drink lots of water especially now that you are rpobably suffering some sort of heat exhaustion.


By the way I almost got on my bike too. But then I thought better of it.

Brad said...

Puking sucks.
Riding is cool.
Riding in the heat sucks and can be dangerous.

thisismarcus said...

Stick at it, dude. It gets easier. And you just inspired me to get a bike first, before a car, when I go home in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Can I get a picture of you on the Bike Mike?

Mkae said...

No picture of the puke? Wasn't that the highlight of the story?

thisismarcus said...

Tom: what size bottle? How many servings? :)