Thursday, July 07, 2005

Top 5 Favorite Songs

After the discussions that went on at Origins, I figure I had better post what my top 5 favorite songs are. Counted down, casey cassem style. And awwwaaaaaaayyyy we goooo -

5) - Come and Get Your Love - by Real McCoy. This whole album kicks ass. This is a great dance tune which makes it really tough for me not to just jump out of my seat and start busting a move. Yeeeea, Baaaaby

4) - I Wanna Sex You Up - by Color Me Badd. Tick Tock and you don't stop. Tick tock and you don't quit. This is a great 90s tune that reminds me of my ackward teen years. I remember even then I used to love to cut up the dance floor.

3) - New York, New York - by Frank Sinatra. What can I say. I'm a Mets fan. I realize that they play it at Yankee stadium, but that's ok. Everytime I hear this I immediately long for a visit to NY. I have never been, hopefully this summer I'll get to go up and visit some friends. What other song can you think of that personifies a city better than this one. Plus, Steve Martin sings a line or two in My Blue Heaven (top 5 movie).

2) - C'est la Vie - by Robbie Nevil. This is a great little tune. It used to be my favorite song until I got the DVD player in my office machine and I watch Transformers about once to twice a week now. It starts out great and when I hear it I just think great thoughts. It's not really a dance club beat, but more of a laid back approach. And the opening lyrics are right up my alley.

1) - Dare - by Stan Bush. You will find this song on the Transformers the Movie soundtrack. I don't know what to say other than every time I hear this song it gets me up and going. It just reinvigorates me. I don't know how to explain it, to me it's just a great song. If I had entrance music, this is what it would be.


Honorable Mentions - these didn't quite make the list.
Since You Been Gone/Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
Lady - Lenny Kravitz (yea, I love the commercials)
Shy Guy - Diana King
Redneck Woman - Gretchen Wilson
Fantasy - Mariah Carey
Straight Up - Paula Abdul
Wannabe - Spice Girls
CandyGirl - New Edition
Heaven - DJ Sammy
Party for Two (Pop Version) - Shania Twain
I touch myself - The Divinyls
PIMP - 50 cent (my current ringtone)
Turn the Beat Around - Gloria Estefan
Lonely No More - Rob Thomas
Can't Fight the Moonlight (Dance Remix) - LeAnn Rimes
Baby, I love your way - Big Mountain

I have all these and more on my iTunes.

7 comments:

Roycer said...

I don't see any Michael Jackson in the list? Well, maybe he will invite you to Neverland to change your mind?

TheGirard said...

the only michael I have on my playlist is ABC and Scream.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone else appreciates Kelly Clarkson. "Since You Been Gone" is one of my top 5 songs, without a doubt.

-crp

Anonymous said...

Kelly Clarkson is my BANE. The radios here play it back to back non-stop! My god you are only feeding the machine!

Dave(id) said...

I had no idea you were a Mets fan Girard, I knew there was something I liked about you :-)

Hayden said...

Stan Bush is THE MAN!!!

thisismarcus said...

Your iTunes was a jungle like that.