Monday, August 28, 2006

Fantasy Football - 2006

So I flew back to Arizona this past weekend to see Marnie and draft in my dad's Fantasy Football League. It's a $100 buy in. You run the standard players. The only different rule is that if you draft a quarterback, you get all the quarterbacks for that team. For instance, if you draft Warner, you get Leinhart too. There were 15 teams and each has 2 slots for QBs (1 starting 1 bench). I think it's a nifty rule and doesn't screw someone who might get "warner'ed".

Here is the team I drafted -

QB - Jake Plummer
QB - Rex Grossman
RB - Carnel Williams
RB - Duece McAllister
RB - Ryan Moats
REC - Tony Gonzalez
REC - Plaxico Burress
REC - Jerry Porter
REC -
REC - Sinorice Moss
K - David Akers
K - Phil Dawson
DEF - Seahawks
DEF - Browns

I can't remember who the other receiver is, I'll find him. As you might have guessed, I got stuck picking 15th. My 1st/2nd round picks were Plummer and Carnel Williams. I am not at all happy with this steaming pile of players, but there is a lot of potential. I had Chris Sims as my backup QB (which would have been money) but he's on the same bye week as Plummer. My dad stole Mike Bell in Round 5, so my sleeper was gone. And no Joe, my other receivers don't include Justin McCareins.

6 comments:

Mike said...

Dude, you got puh-owned by that 15th pick. That said, I don't see how you could have improved your pool with such a low pick. I wound up picking sixth and our draft wheeled, and my starters are:

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Muhsin Muhammad
RB - Brian Westbrook
RB - Julius Jones
TE - Todd Heap
K - Adam Vinatieri
DEF - Pittsburgh

That's as good a bunch of guys as I've ever seen in an average draft.

My buddy Justin got the first pick out of the draw, and he took Peyton Manning. Screw all the hype that Larry Johnson or Ladainian are the way to open - I think in the end, Manning will prove to have been the correct pick.

TheGirard said...

Nah, I would have taken LT, Larry Johnson or Shawn Alexander over Manning.

TMac said...

I think that is Jerry Porter, Joey doesn't play WR ;)

DavĂ­d said...

Since there were 15 teams, picking last means you don't get a superstar but I think your team is pretty solid (well, Carnell is good, but your other two running backs leave something to be desired).

I too think that LT, LJ, and Shaun Alexander should be taken of Manning in most leagues, but Manning would have been my top pick if those three were gone.


I don't have my own blog, so I'll post what I got in my 8 man fantasy league here:
QB Tom Brady
QB Drew Bledsoe
RB Larry Johnson
RB Steven Jackson
RB Frank Gore
WR Plaxico Burress
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Eddie Kenison
WR Laveranues Coles
TE Randy McMichael
TE L.J. Smith
K Jason Elam
DEF Carolina Panthers

Unknown said...

You have to start a team out of this group? gg

Unknown said...

Ick...15 teams??? That's a lot. QBs and RBs aren't exactly stellar; should get good production out of the rest of them.