Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ok...I'm here

I made it and am at my second day of work. Well, it's not really work. Boy did I miss doing this type of job on a regular basis in an office. I'm having a lot of fun already.

I found a place to live. Evidently, I am now living "in the Valley". Everyone either is or once was a skater. My roomates are cool. I will be getting internet at the house sometime this week (they have to take back the wireless router because it was broken and I'm going through WoW withdrawal). One of my roommates works for a TV station owned by Cox Cable, so I'll be getting cable in my room, at a discounted rate with every...single...channel Cox has to offer. I may never leave my room again. On Sundays, everyone gathers and someone cooks and we socialize. It's like something out of a movie.

I have to readjust myself to the humidity. The Jeep doesn't like the hills in North County. It's having troubles going up the hills. Hopefully the $700 I spent to fix some stuff won't go for not. I also have to get a mattress/boxspring. Right now i have a double-stacked air mattress. It's not very comfortable at all, but I have a plan.

And it's not really a job. It's a hobby where I have a desk and I get paid.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find an abandoned house with an empty pool.

3 comments:

CaptMDKirk said...

There's a house for sale across the street from me in Santee... I think it has a pool... :D

Mike said...

I'll lend you my Lance Mountain skateboard, an old Powell Peralta with rat bones and tracker trucks and lots of really colorful grip tape. Ah, to be in 1987 again.

Of course, the instant you step on it, the cedar will split right down the middle.

DEATH_BY_MONKEYS said...

Sweetness. Don't you work on WOW all day? :P