Monday, August 14, 2006

The Girard Goes to California

First off, I would like to say congratulations to Chuck on his recent opportunities. I hope things really work out for him and I'm looking for some great games coming out of that department of Sony.

I have a bit of an announcement of my own. I will be starting a new job on Monday, August 21st. This position will require me to relocate to southern California, specifically the Carlsbad area. Like Chuck, I will be a Game Designer as well in my new position. My first assignment when I get there will be to work on a game based on a popular MMORPG. It will be fun to once again work with my friend Mr. Bojanowski.

This means that a chapter is closing for me. I will no longer be an employee of Decipher. I've thought about what I wanted to say in this space. I could go out with a bang and just smear the name all over the internet. Confirm suspicions, blast business practices...the list could go on. I'm not going to. I'm going to say that some of the most influential people in my life and my experiences with them have come from working at Decipher. This company gave me my big break in the industry and I will never forget that, however it is time for me to move on.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me, I'm at dvader20 (at) yahoo (dot) com. The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

7 comments:

Mike said...

Well, it was nice having you here while it lasted!! Give me a call, we gotta do lunch this week!!

DaPenguin said...

What day ya leaving dude? Do you have this weekend to hang out?

DEATH_BY_MONKEYS said...

Go Girard. Nice move.

CaptMDKirk said...

Sweet! If you need a Friday night D&D group, just let me know. :D

Dave(id) said...

Congrats Mike, sounds like a great opportunity! Carlsbad is nice plus Oceans Eleven is a great poker only room about 10-15 minutes from your new office :-) I swear I never went while traveling for Decipher. Good luck!

Mkae said...

Congrats Mike!!

Hayden said...

I've been hoping you would get this position for so long! Congrats!!