Saturday, September 09, 2006

Harvey is scary

So, with my badass new cable box, I'm able to get all the movie channels. I happened to see that Donnie Darko was coming on and a certain PhD happens to have this movie ranked rather highly on his top 100 movie list, so I figured I had to watch it.

I went into this thinking that it was going to be sort of like a Memento-esque type movie (meaning, it has a unique plot outline, camera angles, .... just something unique about the film I guess). I was not disappointed.

I don't want to go into details about the movie too much, because well, I wasn't told about it and I was pleasantly surprised.

Once again, Evan knows his stuff and I bow to him and his knowledge. If it wasn't for him, I doubt I would have watched Donnie Darko or Memento.

2 comments:

Brad said...

I just saw this for the first tim this year and i was let down. i was lead to believe it was a better movie than it was.

Hayden said...

I know my stuff too Girard! I gave it a fairly high rating in Netflix as well, though I agree with Brad that it wasn't quite as good as people I know hyped it up to be.