Thursday, June 09, 2005

Busch Gardens Quickie

It was hot today, no..just humid
Beer school was fun with my father in law.
I found a beer that I like, it's that new B to the E. It's nice and fruity beer.
Curse of Dark Castle is money, you should go on it.
My 3.5 yr old nephew wanted to go on the Log Flume, he was wet afterwards.
The sampler platter at the smokehouse is good.
The blue train is faster than the red train
Did I mention it was humid?
I got some sun.
It was nice not thinking about work for at least 2 hours. Somewhere on the Curse of Dark Castle, some inspiration hit for some gametext. I wish I could have wrote it down.
I had so much fun, I upgraded the single pass to the summer blitz, I can go for free until Aug 31st. There should be plans made to go, it'll be a blast.

8 comments:

thisismarcus said...

BG was fun, though I was in a terrible mood when I went. My poor companions. I got soaked not on the log flume but on the Roman Rapids. Really soaked. There are photos.

What's the name of the ride that travels "at the speed of freight"? :)

DrHeimlich said...

Marcus: "Speed of fright" is The Big Bad Wolf, IIRC. I think that's the least of BG's four coasters. I'd rank them:

1) Apollo's Chariot
2) Alpengeist
3) --hell, I can't remember the name -- the oldest one
4) The Big Bad Wolf

TheGirard said...

the loch ness monster?

the curse of the dark castle is like the haunted mansion at disneyland combined with back to teh future at universal studios.

the 6 story drop was tough to take.

DrHeimlich said...

The Loch Ness Monster! That's the one.

DrHeimlich said...

Oh... and I should point out that I too enjoyed BG when I went toward the very end of last season. So much so that I also bought a season pass, that's good into this year through August 31. That turned out to be a waste of around $50, didn't it?!

thisismarcus said...

Dr., that's the ride. I realize it's the "speed of fright" but it was like a really slow train and I mis-heard the announcer, much to the amusement of Erika and Joe.

Is the season pass in your name, or can you sell it to someone here to recoup $30 or so?

DrHeimlich said...

It's in my name. :-(

erika said...

were you valedictorian of your beer school class? i was.

marcus' "speed of freight" was hi-larious. i almost peed my pants.

alpengeist in the very front row wins the prize for me. since your feet dangle, you can't see any track or anything and it really feels like you're falling.