Monday, June 20, 2005

Old Habits


Chilis
Originally uploaded by TheGirard.
So I walk out of the building with Scott today and I'm like "where should we go to lunch". For some reason, he doesn't want to go to Al's (who knows why not).

I'm like, well it's Monday, how about Chili's. So we head there, reminisce (ouch, that hurt) about how every Monday used to be Chili's. Like clockwork Evan would come around and ask. Each time he asked and I declined, I felt a bit guilty because he didn't go around and ask everyone in the company. He took time out to ask me though and I would just turn him down.

So we get there, the manager is all up and nice and asks us if we'd like to sit outside, we said sure and I got all misty. The very first time I had lunch at Chili's with Decipher, it was on the porch, so long ago on a day like today. It was good times then.

I had the Cajun Chicken pasta. Tom would remind me how many calories were in it and Evan would order the same thing.

3 comments:

Shocho said...

Evan had the kitchen trained to fix his dish just right. We all knew each other's orders, so when the food arrived we'd point where it went. Once, Tee and I showed up and the hostess was surprised to see there were only two of us... they were used to six or eight or more. We were such regulars that every server knew we wanted separate checks. Even though it was a "training" restaurant, each server was told about us because we were regulars. My most recent accomplishment there was to get one of the waitresses to sneak me a rare burger, even though it was against the rules.

DrHeimlich said...

I miss that Chili's. There's one I can walk to on lunch now, but it's not as close, not as fast, and it just seems like too much work "training" a whole new wait staff to know me on sight again.

Aussie-Askew said...

Perfect afternoon's for the Chilli's balcony now. Nothing but margarita's for those gainfully unemployed! But MG I'm worried – between Al's & Chilli's, you better get your butt out to soccer to run off those 'heartstoppers!'. (we miss you)