Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Top 5 Things I Hate Most In This World


thumbsdown
Originally uploaded by TheGirard.
These are the top 5 things I hate most in this world. Some of these things may seem trivial to you, but to me, they are a fast track to pushing me closer to the edge, etc.

Just Missed - Being Overweight
When I first moved to virginia, I was in the process of getting my weight under control. That was about a year and a half to 2 years ago. For the past 6 months I haven't had time to think about eating correctly. It's amazing that I remember to shower and get dressed in the morning.

5 - Slow Drivers
This has seemed to be slipping off the list. Rarely is there a time when I am driving by myself anymore. When I was driving by myself, I would absolutely go flying down the road and leave caution to the wind, but now that I drive with Marnie more often then not, I have to actively keep an eye on my speed, cause if I don't, she will let me know.

4 - Indecisiveness
If you know what you want, just tell me what you want. Don't make me play a guessing game and then when I get it wrong, you send me packing on a guilt trip. I would rather people just come out tell me what they want, even if I'm not happy with it, I'd rather do that then try and find out what you want in the first place. If you want to stay, then stay. If you want to go, let's go, but make a freaking decision and stick to it.

3 - Drama
I really hate drama. I hate when people do or say things that will intentionally cause a ruckus. Said people may not know that what they said would cause harm...or maybe they did and they said it anyway. Things like holding a grudge and not talking to that person so instead the person holding a grudge makes people around him or her feel guilty for talking/associating with the person that the grudge is against. Or knowing full well that a specific topic upsets someone and yet, a person decides to bring that topic up anyway and cause tension. Save it for the reality TV shows, I don't need it in my life.

2 - Inefficiency
There is only one thing I hate worse than inefficiency. Just because you think you know better, don't make me do something in which I know there is a quicker/better way to do it. If you want me to move the pile of sand three feet, let me figure out how to do it, don't tell me what the "best way" is.

1 - "Normal" People
Anyone that reads this blog knows what I am talking about. These are the type of people that make up about 95% of the known population. These are people that don't get the jokes that I tell. These are the people that can't comprehend what I do for a living or even what a collectible card game is at all. These are the type of people that have a "normal" life. They have a nice house in the suburbs, kids or no kids. They do normal things like stay in one place their whole life or do the whole highschool/college/career right after another. These are people that don't get what sarcasm is. These type of people think it's funny to call me Darth Vader because I mentioned that I liked Star Wars a couple times. These type of people sit around the living room (the one with no TV) and sit and stare at each other or make casual conversation about absolutely nothing while I have to sit there and not go absolutely insane from this asinine waste of time. These type of people don't understand that I can't sit still for more than a minute or two and constantly ask why I always "fidget" even though I have told them more than once why. These type of people don't understand that constantly "replying to all" doesn't get on people's nerves. These are the type of people that the ONLY thing they have is something like sports ( I mean, I enjoy sports as much as the next guy, but it doesn't rule my life nor is that the only thing I do). It's these people that I dread when looking for a new job.


What do I do about these when I encounter them? Usually nothing. Often times, they will upset me for a split second, but since my mind works differently, it's usually gone. What sucks is when the same thing happens repeatedly and I'm forced to encounter it repeatedly. In that situation, I usually just leave or start ignoring people and then I get in more trouble. These are the types of things that happen on a daily basis. It's like living an entire 1000+ page book everyday. So much to take in, so little time.

5 comments:

BubbaJoe said...

The Girard speaks the truth.

All hail the wisdom of The Girard! =)

Shocho said...

I think that maybe you don't like that last thing a lot because you talked about it way more than the other things and I agree. I think I agree with all of them, even though I may be guilty of one or two over the years. Good list.

Can you just yell at people now and say things like, "You are SO doing NUMBER FOUR RIGHT NOW!" cause I'm sure they'll get it.

TheGirard said...

Except that they wouldn't and if they come from number 1 it's just exponentially more difficult.

thisismarcus said...

I heartily agree with most of these esp. 3 and 4, which have a lot in common w each other. IMO, it's about people being straight w you. No B.S., no guessing games, just tell me what's up. I can't correct what I don't know.

I'm a fixer, to a fault. Re: your summary, when I encounter them I usually address them or I feel like I'm guilty of not being straight with people myself. I like things out in the open. This is not always good. It can exacerbate. I need to learn to choose my battles more carefully.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with some of your points.

As for 1, normal people? I don't want to start a philosophical debate here, but...

I think the underlying theme here is "stereotypes" - the "happy family in the suburbs", the "career victim"
and let's not forget my personal favourite, the "heh, you watch Star Trek? Well beam me up, Scotty, where are your pointy ears?!?" The media enforce these types onto us and our gullibility often betrays our common sense, fooling us into believing it as reality.

In closing, normality is a product of enforced stereotypical perception.

...geez, now look what you made me do... :D