Thursday, August 11, 2005

First Draft of the Year!!!

So football season is almost here and that means that it's time to start drafting and hope you don't get stuck with a Mike Vick of a couple years ago. This is my first draft this year and it's with some industry colleagues, so I'm hoping that there is plenty of trash talking. I wasn't there for the live draft, but I did set my roster before we drafted. I didn't really pick up anybody that I super wanted, but the team has "potential". First the scoring for the league, here is the positions that score -
QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, D, 2 DB, 2 DL

Normally I'm not a fan of scoring individual defensive efforts, but I like to get in at least one of those types of leagues a year, just to stay on my toes.

So without further ado, here is my roster -

QB M. Bulger, B. Griese
WR T. Holt, D. Bennett, E. Kennison
RB E. James, R. Johnson, T. Jones, M. Shipp
TE J. Wiggins, B.Franks
K M. Stover, M. Nugent
DB T. McGee, Ro. Williams, F. Washington
DL L. Sape, K. Pope

And now some notes -
- at first glance, this my be a CK special, it just happened to turn out that way. Hopefully they have a soft schedule and Holt is in a contract year so that should be good for some double points.
- After Holt my WR really drop off. I need to see if I can pick up a David Boston type guy (who didn't look bad in Monday's game) or that guy for the Bears that had like 160+ receiving yards.
- My RB corps are solid and have three RB that are starting. I drafted Shipp in the last round (the only round I was there for) just so I can give chickey the middle finger and cut his sorry ass.
- I drafted defense earlier than I probably needed to. My scouts tell me that McGee is pretty good.

Overall, I don't think I did too bad. I gotta get a new 2nd WR and perhaps pry Todd Heap away from whoever has him (go Sun Devils).

1 comment:

TheGirard said...

i think there are like 10 or 12 teams. yea, the team sucks :(