Thursday, December 15, 2005

Today's Lesson

So in my new job, I get to interact with bands on a regular basis. I am behind in the times because I mostly listen to top40 or 90s stations. So I get to learn new/hip terms for types of music. Today's term is -

Emo

definition from urbandictionary.com -
A group of white, mostly middle-class well-off kids who find imperfections in there life and create a ridiculous, depressing melodrama around each one. They often take anti-depressants, even though the majority don't need them. They need to wake up and deal with life like everyone else instead of wallowing in their imaginary quagmire of torment.

Also - Like a Goth, only much less dark and much more Harry Potter.

That is all for today's lesson, next time we get to learn what the term psychobilly means.

...bunch of whiny brats.

No comments: