Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Dirt Bikes and cahwazy drivers

So I came back to Cali yesterday. It's roughly a 5 and a half hour drive and I have done it plenty of times now that I have the quickest way (actually through Maricopa to the 8, not out the 10 to the 85 to the 8).

Upon my trips, I go by the sand dunes right outside of Yuma...twice. Once going to AZ and then coming back. Since I tend to travel during peak travel times, there is a lot of "dune traffic". I have an opinion about who these types of people are (yes, I am one to jump to quick assumptions about stereotypes). They drive these big RVs, toying a rack of bikes/4-wheelers/golf carts that are jackedup 6+ inches with mag wheels on them. They also drive them like they are the pickup trucks.

One in particular. It was a newer SUV. It cut me off coming on the highway from Gordon's Well. I was going at a pretty quick clip. I get over in the fast lane and let him on with no issues, but then he swerves into my lane almost immediately. I slam on my breaks and swerve into the other lane. Thankfully there was no one there. He pulls up along side of me, his buddy laughs at me and flips me off. I speed up to get away from them and they speed up. I slow down and they keep on going.

I curse them, but then I'm ok, they are gone and I'm back on the straight and narrow back to Cali. I pick them up again coming off an El Centro on ramp. They don't do anything this time, but there is another white Mitsubishi Galant keeping up with me and we blow by the SUV. He doesn't give chase until the hills (right around the Golden Acorn). He's playing cat and mouse with traffic and not getting anywhere. Traffic starts to get heavier than it already was and then it happened. He cuts of the Galant in front of me and slams on his breaks (to the point of smoke). The Galant in front of me does the same and I do the same, he and I have to swerve left into the rumble-bumps in order to miss the SUV. There was no traffic in front of the SUV. I almost lost my lunch. I was going to get out of the car but the SUV sped away. The Galant and I gave chase. The SUV exited and the Galant in front of me followed it. I hope he kicked the crap out of them.

They had a sticker on the back of the window that said "Desert Rats like it dirty". I hate Dirt bikers.

No comments: