Friday, January 19, 2007

Keeper League - Baseball

So I joined a co-workers keeper league. This is the first time I have been in a keeper league, here is my current team. I get to keep 5 of these peeps.

C Kenji Johjima SEA
DH David Ortiz BOS
2B Jeff Kent LA
Aramis Ramirez CHC
Miguel Tejada BAL
Carl Crawford TB
Ken Griffey Jr CIN
Magglio Ordonez DET
Austin Kearns WAS
Adam Laroche ATL
Tom Glavine NYM
Kyle Lohse CIN
John Maine NYM
Joe Saunders ANA
Bobby Jenks CHW
Brad Lidge HOU
Takashi Saito LA
Jason Varitek BOS
Carlos Guillen DET
Randy Johnson ARI
Cliff Lee CLE
Jared Weaver ANA
Dontrelle Willis FLA

These are the ones that I am thinking of keeping for this season -
SP John Maine
SP Dontrelle Willis
RP Brad Lidge
DH David Ortiz (ugh)
LF Carl Crawford

What do you think?

3 comments:

The1GWiz said...

You know how easy it is to find saves in fantasy leagues, and considering the year Lidge had last season, I'd definitely keep Weaver over him. Personally I'd keep Weaver over Maine too, but I understand the Met bias ;) Either way, Jered Weaver's waaaay too talented not to hold, especially with quality starting arms being as scarce as they are these days.

Jason said...

Yeah, definitely Weaver instead of Lidge (who does at least strike out a ton). Aramis Ramirez is only 28 and has put together three strait great seasons. It's tougher to find a good 3B than you might think.

The1GWiz said...

-glances and doesn't realize how he missed Aramis in the first place-

Defintely Aramis and Weaver over Maine (sniff) and Lidge!