Sunday, January 07, 2007

First Loss


Well it had to come sometime or another. I finally lost at the credit card game. This is a new game I have learned while living in California and working with a bunch of gamers. This bunch of gamers is different than the last bunch that I worked with, not necessarily better, just a bigger game.

So the way this game works, is you have a bill after eating. The more people, the bigger the bill. Each person that wants to play needs to pitch in a credit card. A person shuffles up the credit cards and holds them out of sight and someone picks a number. That number in the rotation is safe, so that credit card is given back to the person and he or she isn't paying. For instance, if 3 is picked, the person with the cards counts off from the top of the stack until he hits the third card. You repeat the process until there is only 1 card left and that person picks up the tab.
I'm a gambling man, so this game really appealed to me. Up until yesterday, I had never lost and to be sure, I was getting pretty filthy with my bids. Last week, we had Sushi Taisho. My bill was about 6 bones and the entire thing was like $120+ because someone got dirrty with the rolls (Kibler). I had horrible odds, but there were like 4 people that gamed it and I was feeling good about my odds. I didn't have to pick it up, Kibler ended up taking it home. Yesterday, we went to the sports bar and after some gaming of BR and I (I broke even, I had Detroit and 8 points, they lost by 12+ and he had GS and 1 point for the first quarter), the bill came. Ant and Gary didn't want to game so I heads up'd it with BR. I lost and that was the first time that I had lost the credit card game.
It's pretty fun, I didn't feel bad losing because I'm still up. Silly gamers and their big games.

No comments: