Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Babies

First off, if this applies to you, I'm sorry, I don't intentionally mean to offend anyone. Wow, it only took four posts before a controversial entry.


So, it's spring time and that means that everyone and their freaking brother is pregnant. Dont' get me wrong, I'm happy for each individual family and I wish them long life. But I'm more bitter than happy for them. Marnie and I won't be able to have children of our own flesh and blood. Up until these past couple years, that didn't really bother me because I just saw kids as an additional burden on your life. Yep, I'm shallow, but hey, this is my blog. It would be fine if it was "hey, so and so is pregnant" and congratulations were in order and that would be that. But couple that with people that send out mass emails and then compound that with people that don't know how NOT to reply all (which is another bitch of mine, but that is for a different post). So not only do I get reminded that I won't have a flesh and blood son of my own, but I get reminded another 20 freaking times in the same day in the span of about two hours. What can I say, just more bitter that adds up and doesn't help the depression any.

And then to make matters worse, when we go out we see these families with 3 and 4 kids each and yet, they look/act/talk like they can barely handle 1. Further proof, that there is no such thing as god.

1 comment:

thisismarcus said...

I hear you about bad parents. There should be a test first.

Brave post, BTW. There's little I can say or do except "I'll do better with the reply-to-all button."