Tuesday, October 03, 2006

And...we're off

100 The Mummy (1999, Brendan Frasier) - This movie has some good late 90s special effects that I dig. I also think that Brendan Frasier isn't as terrible an actor as some people think.

99 Roll Bounce (2005, Bow Wow) - I know what you are thinking, but if you know me, you know that I like up tempo/dance music. This movie is chocked full of it and it has a story that makes you feel. I really wanted to strap on a pair of rollerskates after this movie. Not blades....skates.

98 A View to a Kill (1985, Roger Moore) - This has fallen a couple spots on my top 100. This is the first Bond film that I saw and I have enjoyed it ever since. I think Christopher Walken is a pimp.

97 The Running Man (1987, Arnold Schwarzenegger) - I have quite a few Arnold movies on my top 100 list. I also love post-apocolyptic stories. This fits into both categories. Some say this is too close to Total Recall. I think they are pretty different, I mean c'mon, one of them takes place on Mars!

96 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Movie (1990, the Turtles) - I was a big fan of the Turtles back in the day. I remember, back when I was younger, they closed down the BX to stock for the christmas rush. I was with my mom and we were shopping for christmas, but so were a bunch of other people. When the doors opened, I rushed and got 2 big stuffed Turtles (which were a hot item that year). The other ladies that were looking for them weren't very happy that I snagged 2.

95 Romeo + Juliet (1996, Leonardo DiCaprio) - This came out the year that I graduated from high school. I am a fan of the style that this movie was done in.

94 Alien³ (1992, Sigourney Weaver) - Most people didn't like this one. I think Charles Dutton did a good job and despite it being a narrow place to shoot a movie (prison planet) I thought they did a good job.

93 S.W.A.T. (2003, Collin Farrell) - I like Collin and Samuel L. Jackson. Both were good actors in this movie and I was a fan of the action.

92 Wild Wild West (1999, Will Smith) - Cool gadgets + Will Smith + Kenneth Branagh + half naked Salma Hayek = a fun little movie that I enjoy watching.

91 Forrest Gump (1994, Tom Hanks) - I liked the traveling through history and the story being told was interesting to me. I think Tom Hanks did a good job and the explanation of some of the cool little things (like the smiley face t-shirt) are neat.

This is the first installment, hope you had fun.

No comments: