Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Movies 41-50

50 Matrix (1999, Keanu Reeves) - One of the benchmarks in special effects and I thoroughly enjoyed the story line. There were plenty of great lines from this movie.

49 Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982, Burt Reynolds) - I remember watching this as a kid and then when I found out that Marnie liked Dolly Parton it was one of the things we had in common when we first met. This is another musical on my movie list, I don't know what that means. I enjoy singing along to these songs, especially when Marnie and I do our rendition of Sneaking Around.

48 Conan the Destroyer (1984, Ahnold) - I liked this one better than the Barbarian. I thought there was more action and I was vested in the characters more. When I was younger, I was scared of the horned demon.

47 Major League (1989, Charlie Sheen) - A fun and fanciful baseball movie. The only thing that would have made this movie better was if it was about the Mets.

46 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989, Harrison Ford) - "It tells me that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try reading books instead of burning them."

45 The Karate Kid (1984, Ralph Macchio) - C'mon, who didn't want to be Daniel LaRusso.

44 Spaceballs (1987, Mel Brooks) - I heard they made a spoof based on Spaceballs and they got Harrison Ford to comprise Bill Pulman's role.

43 Ghostbusters (1984, Bill Murray) - The first movie I can remember where I made sure I had the wide screen version.

42 Weekend at Bernies (1989, Andrew McCarthy) - This could probably be lower, but I find this movie hilarious, especially with the way they try to prop him up and make him look alive.

41 Rambo - First Blood Part II (1985, Sly Stallone) - A great action flick. Stuff blows up. He beats have the Vietcon with a compound bow and a hunting knife. John J Rambo is a badass.

No comments: