Monday, October 02, 2006

Updated Movie List

First and foremost, a thanks goes out to Treevor for getting me energized to update my list. His has looked pretty nice thus far.

Today we are going to start with the ones that didn't quite make the top 100 list (either not making it straight up or were on it and got knocked off).

- Back to the Future - This movie was pretty high on my list and it has fallen off. I haven't seen it for awhile and I guess I just lost my love for it.

- Star Trek: First Contact - This was my favorite Star Trek Movie until I started watching all of them for my previous job. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy this movie, but not enough to beat out 100 other movies that I like. There is still a single Star Trek movie on my list.

- The Wizard of Oz - This is an older movie and sometimes I have issues watching older movies. Maybe they seem to drag to me or maybe they aren't as "up to date" for me. This one previously held a spot because I was in a theatrical portrayal of this movie...I played the Tin Man. Some people may find humor in that.

- Walking Tall/The Rundown - I have watched these movies a couple times recently and have enjoyed them. The probably should be on my top 100 list, but I couldn't justify them beating anything else out. The Rock isn't a terrible actor and the action sequences are pretty cool (especially the club scene in the Rundown).

- Swingers - A cult classic that almost made it. This one didn't fair as well as the Big Lebowski did, which has since moved up on my list.

- Episode I/II/III - I liked these movies. I looked past what other people thought were flaws and enjoyed the movies for what I thought they were. An updated/modernized versions of classics that had to appeal to a younger crowd to get them interested in the property. That being said, they still didn't crack the top 100 unfortunately, Episode I was close.

Tomorrow - we start with the updated list.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

Wow .. a top 100 list that doesn't include The Wizard of Oz? Now you've piqued my interest too