Thursday, October 12, 2006

Movies 21-30

30 Aliens (1986, Sigourney Weaver) - I liked this one best out of the series of movies. There was a lot more badasses and hardware in this one. It also didn't drag out...constantly like the first one did.

29 Bad Boys (1995, Will Smith) - Lots of action, great 1-liners and an absolutely awesome soundtrack. I also think that these guys are good actors, but that's just me.

28 Shawshank Redemption (1994, Tim Robbins) - "These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them. That's institutionalized. They send you here for life, that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyways."

27 Beverly Hills Cop 2 (1987, Eddie Murphy) - I think this one is just that much better than the first. Better jokes, more action, funnier lines. I really enjoyed the first one and this one is above that. I also liked how they made references to the first one.

26 Back to School (1986, Rodney Dangerfield) - I'm a Dangerfield fan, but strangely Caddyshack didn't make it. I think this movie is hilarious and it has Journey music and that's nothing but a bonus for me.

25 Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000, Nicholas Cage) - This movie made me think that boosting cars was really that easy. There were numerous cool car chase scenes and a vast array of quality cars.

24 History of the World Part 1 (1998, Mel Brooks) - My biggest knock here is that they never made History of the World Part 2.

23 Demolition Man (1993, Sly Stallone) - My favorite genre is post apocolyptic. This movie has that, lots of action, good one liners, and Dennis Leary. I mean c'mon, who doesn't know how to use the three shells. What seems to be your boggle?

22 Strictly Ballroom (1992, Paul Mercurio) - I don't know if this movie counts as a musical, but it's here anyway. This movie had an amazing soundtrack and after each time I want it, I want to do nothing but dance.

21 The Rock (1996, Sean Connery) - "Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen."

No comments: